Road to Rome with Oberammergau (Preview 2020)
Road To Rome With Oberammergau (Preview 2020)
Proverbially, all roads lead to Rome. This one includes a gourmet walk through Paris with a foodie, meeting a Swiss Mountain Ranger and the art of Renaissance Florence. Photo: Oberammergau Passion Play 2020
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the façades of the Louvre Museum, the Place de la Concorde. Drive along the Champs Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Lucerne: View the emotive Lion Monument. See the covered Chapel Bridge and Jesuit Church.
- Innsbruck: See the Golden Roof and Imperial Palace.
- Venice: Cruise, with commentary, to St Mark’s Square. See the Doges’ Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St Mark’s Basilica.
- Florence: Walk with your guide to the Cathedral, see the ‘Gates of Paradise’ and open-air gallery of Signoria Square.
- Orvieto: Visit the pleasant Umbrian hilltop town.
- Rome: Visit St Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican City. See the mighty Colosseum and overlook the Forum.
- Scenic Drives: Burgundy, Arlberg, Inn Valley, Tauern Mountains.
Signature and Highlight Hotels
- Paris: The 4-star Pullman Paris Montparnasse hotel is located in the heart of Paris. The hotel has been completely renovated and offers a bar, restaurant and fitness room.
- Orvieto: At a restaurant in the medieval heart of Orvieto, explore the art of Italian cooking with Chef Lorenzo and master the art of making fresh pasta by hand. Follow this with lunch and a glass of Orvieto Classico wine.
- Rome: Savour a four-course Celebration Dinner complete with wine, to the rich tremolo of some of Italy’s best loved opera.
- Lucerne: Choose from a selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening. Perhaps you might like to enjoy a traditional Swiss supper of hearty specialties?
- Oberammergau: Dine in a local restaurant amid the buzz of excitement from Passion Play goers and enjoy local hospitality before the second half commences.
- Florence: In the underground cellar of Machiavelli’s home, enjoy a delicious exploration of local Tuscan wines, with their robust flavours and absorbing history over lunch.
- Included Quality Dining:: 11 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 2 Lunches with wine (LW), and 4 Dinners (D) with wine (DW).
- Rome: After VIP fast-track entry into the Vatican Museums and privileged access to the Bramante Staircase, witness Michelangelo’s genius in the Sistine Chapel.
- Paris: On a small group gourmet food walk, taste the flavours of France with a foodie who takes you to the local’s favourite shops.
- Swiss Mountain: A spectacular journey to the summit of a Swiss mountain where you will learn about local wildlife when you meet a Swiss Mountain Ranger.
- Venice: Meet a gondolier and learn about this timeless tradition.
Top Rated Highlights
- Eurostar: Relax on the smooth, high-speed Eurostar train from London, via the historic Channel Tunnel to Paris.
- Oberammergau: Experience the spectacular Passion Play that has made this town famous. Watch from your premium seat as local villagers perform as they have since 1634 in this once in a decade event. An emotive and critically acclaimed performance depicting Christ’s last days, this is an event not to be missed.
- Pisa: See the incredible Leaning Tower with a Local Expert.
Additional Star Services
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacles of their career, will smooth your way throughout your journey. They are your ‘travelling concierge’, expert guide, consummate organiser and your friend in a foreign land
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It’s business class comfort
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries
- Baggage handling with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel
- Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi
- Insight Flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination
- Charged transfers from London Heathrow Airport can be booked through Insight Vacations
- Complimentary transfers to Rome Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport are available at scheduled times only, on the last day of your escorted journey
- Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, additional charged transfers are available or please make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to London
Depart from London by Eurostar for Paris
Paris, the 'City of Light'
Beautiful Burgundy and on to Lucerne
Lucerne’s Lake and Lion
From Lucerne to Oberammergau
Innsbruck, the Dolomites to the Queen of the Adriatic
Venice and the Magic of 'La Serenissima'
Journey through Tuscany to Pisa and on to Florence
Hilltop Orvieto and the Eternal City of Rome
Papal and Imperial Rome