Best of Germany (Summer 2019)
Best Of Germany (Summer 2019)
Embark on a journey of cosmopolitan cities, picture-book towns and breathtaking natural scenery, as you explore iconic highlights of Bavaria, cruise beneath the fairy-tale castles of the Rhine and watch skilled clockmakers in action in the Black Forest.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Learn about the history of the tradtional Schneeballen pastry from an artisan baker, followed by a tasting.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Select one of Rothenburg’s excellent restaurants, each with its own distinctive ambience and cuisine, for your Dine-Around Evening. They’re everything from local Franken specialities to international comfort food to choose from.
- Villingen-Schwenningen: Savour a delicious Farm-to-Table dinner in the scenic Black Forest region, famous for its culinary delights.
- Mainz: Take a seat on the terrace for stunning views of the Rhine. Tantalise your taste buds and toast to the culmination of your Germanic journey during a sumptuous Celebration Dinner complete with all the trimmings and served with wine.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Black Forest: Watch skilled artisans at work and learn about the history and ancient techniques of clock-making.
- Rothenburg: Learn about the history of the traditional Schneeballen pastry from an artisan baker, followed by a tasting.
Stay in Style
- Rothenburg: Located in the historic centre of medieval Rothenburg, the Hotel Eisenhut consists of four patrician houses from the 12th and 18th centuries, furnished with select antiques and original artworks.
Top Rated Highlights
- Oktoberfest: Strap on your Lederhosen for a visit to the world’s greatest Volksfest in Munich on select departures.
- Berlin: Our Local Expert will show you some of the main highlights of this historic city as you travel along along the Unter den Linden, including the Memorial Church, Tiergarten, the Reichstag building, Brandenburg Gate, Humboldt University, State Opera and Museum Island.
- Dresden: Explore with your Local Expert and see the Frauenkirche, ‘The Procession of the Dukes’ mosaic mural on the Royal Palace, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace.
- Munich: See the university, Victory Arch, Marienplatz and the Town Hall and Glockenspiel.
- Neuschwanstein: Visit the archetypal fairytale castle that allegedly inspired many of Walt Disney’s castles. Led by a local historian, walk through the magnificent halls, take in the lavish decoration and enjoy spectacular views.
- Wies: Stop to marvel at the opulent interior of the Wieskirche.
- Oberammergau: Explore the town and see the theatre where the Passion Play has been performed since 1634 and the next performance will be in 2020.
- Lindau: Cross the causeway to this delightful island town in the middle of Lake Constance.
- Villingen-Schwenningen: Enjoy an orientation of this quaint town which has existed for 1,200 years and was under Austrian lordship through the Middle Ages.
- Nuremberg: See the city walls and tour the Old Town with its charming stone and timbered dwellings.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Explore the most well-preserved medieval town in Germany.
- Heidelberg: Venture inside the magnificent castle built in red sandstone, overlooking the Student Prince’s town. See the massive Heideleberg Tun built into the cellar in 1591, visit the Apothecary Museum and enjoy panoramic views of Heidelberg and the Neckar Valley.
- Heidelberg: Explore one of Germany’s most enchanting cities during your orientation with your Travel Director.
- Mainz: Your Travel Director leads you an on orientation of the city.
- Rhine Valley: Cruise beneath the semi-ruined castles and terraced vineyards. Sleepy villages slip by as you saunter upstream to the Lorelei Rock where the enchantress lured sailors to their doom.
- Koblenz: See the Deutsches Eck Monument and enjoy the scenic vistas from the Niederwald Monument.
- Scenic Drives: Travel along part of the Romantic Road and pass the Bavarian Alps, continue along the Alpine Road, through the Black Forest, along the German Clock Route and pass the Neckar Valley.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Berlin.
The Spirit of Berlin.
Dresden, a Baroque Phoenix on the Elbe.
The Bavarian Capital of Munich.
The Jewels of the Bavarian Alps.
Lindau on Lake Constance and into the Black Forest.
Medieval Rothenburg ob der Tauber.
The University City of Heidelberg and Mainz.
Castles of the Rhine Experience.
Auf Wiedersehen Frankfurt.